A female Blackcap takes food back to her chicks (Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve)
We are the leading local charity working for wildlife and local communities across Warwickshire, Coventry and Solihull.
The Trust has worked for more than 50 years to protect wildlife and wild places and to educate, influence and inspire people about nature conservation. We manage 60 of the best sites for wildlife in our county.
Our work is securing a future for many important habitats and species, which might otherwise be lost. In only the past few years, the Trust has;
- Undertaken further wetland enhancement work at Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve, creating the largest area of reedbed habitat in the West Midlands, hopefully securing a future for the bittern, one of the UK’s most endangered birds.
- Worked tirelessly to secure a future for our county’s water vole and otter populations
- Maintained and enhanced some of the last remaining ancient woodland habitats left in Warwickshire today
- Enabled thousands of volunteers, schools and community groups to take positive action for wildlife in their local environment
- Given advice to local landowners on how to manage their land for wildlife.
- Campaigned successfully for wildlife friendly development
- Inspired thousands of school children through natural play
We see the future of wildlife conservation across Warwickshire, Coventry and Solihull as a Living Landscape. We are identifying key areas to conserve for wildlife; we are striving to enhance them, linking them up across the county in partnership with other land-owners.
With your help we can create this living landscape, where wildlife can thrive and people are reconnected with nature.
There are currently no comments, why not be the first.