Peregrine Watch & Webcams
**The health and well-being of the public, volunteers and our staff are of utmost importance to us and so following the governments recommendations around COVID-19, a decision has been made to cancel this years Peregrine Watch held in Leamington Spa.**
Live feed of Peregrine Falcon nest in central Leamington
Leamington Spa Town Hall is home to a pair of peregrine falcons who use a nest box provided in partnership with Warwick District Council. These webcams are live 24/7 during the breeding season enabling you to see all the activity from laying to fledging.
WARNING: These webcams show live footage of wild peregrine falcons. Please understand that at times this may include disturbing images.
We would like to thank all our avid webcam viewers for their continued support.
We would like to thank 'Lockwoods' of Leamington Spa for sponsoring both of the webcams again this year
Support Leamington's Peregrines
You can also donate by Text :
To donate £1, text WKWT001 to 70201
To donate £3, text WKWT001 to 70331
To donate £5, text WKWT001 to 70970
To donate £10, text WKWT001 to 70191
1st egg laid - 19th March 2020 - 05:32
2nd egg laid - 21st March 2020 - 16:08
3rd egg laid - 24th March 2020 - 07:13
4th egg laid - 27th March 2020 - 00:58
- 1st egg laid - 18th March 2019 - 06:22
- 2nd egg laid - 21st March 2019 - 06:44
- 3rd egg laid - 23rd March 2019 - 22:56
- 4th egg laid - 26th March 2019 - 15:23
- First egg hatched - 28th April 2019
- Second and third eggs hatched - 29th April 2019
- Chicks successfully ringed - 19th May 2019
- Chicks rings and sex revealed - 21st May 2019
- PHC* - Male - Apollo
PLC* - Male - Zeus
- PJC* - Female - Artemis
- PHC* - Male - Apollo
- Chicks successfully fledged - 9th - 11th June 2019
- 1st egg laid - 20th March 2018 - 03:01
- 2nd egg laid - 22nd March 2018 - 12:42
- 3rd egg laid - 25th March 2018 - 03:45
- 4th egg laid - 27th March 2018 - 19:51
- First 2 eggs hatched - 29th April 2018
- Third egg hatched - 30th April 2018
- Chicks successfully ringed - 20th May 2018
- Chicks name & ring letters revealed - 4th June 2018
PDC* - Female - Valkyrie
PCC* - Male - Falkor
PFC* - Male - Lucifer
- Chicks fledged - 10th June 2018
- 1st egg laid - 18th March 2017 - time unconfirmed
- 2nd egg laid - 20th March 2017 - 12:54
- 3rd egg laid - 23rd March 2017 - 08:30
- 4th egg laid - 26th March 2017 - 10:32
Peregrine Watch has been running since 2013 and gives the public a closer view of the stunning peregrine falcons living in our towns and cities.
In partnership with Warwick District Council and Focus Optics, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust hosts Peregrine Watch events providing information about our urban peregrine falcons. Peregrines are extraordinarily adaptable; traditionally living on cliff faces, but now increasingly seen in urban centres thanks to tall buildings and an abundance of prey, including pigeons.
The peregrine is the world’s fastest animal, reaching unbelievable speeds of up to 200 mph in a dive!
With the help of Focus Optics, who very generously lend us a couple of telescopes, we are able to provide visitors to our events the perfect view of these majestic raptors. To find out more about Peregrine Watch events, visit our events page.
We continue to expand the project by building nesting platforms and installing cameras in locations across our region. By adopting a peregine you can help us to achieve this, and receive your own peregrine story.