Peregrine webcams are up and running! Our Leamington Spa peregrines are back and on camera at the top of the town hall.
Peregrine Watch has been running since 2013, giving the public a closer view of the stunning peregrine falcons living in our towns and cities.
In partnership with Warwick District Council and Focus Optics, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust hosts peregrine watch events providing information about our urban peregrine falcons. Peregrines are extraordinarily adaptable; traditionally living on cliff faces but now increasingly seen in urban centres thanks to tall buildings and an abundance of prey animals such as pigeons.
- 1st egg laid - 18th March 2019 - 6.22 am
- 2nd egg laid - 21st March 2019 - 6.44 am
- 3rd egg laid - 23rd March 2019 - 10.56 pm
- 4th egg laid - 26th March 2019 - 3.23 pm
- 1st egg laid - 20th March 2018 - 3.01 am
- 2nd egg laid - 22nd March 2018 - 12.42 pm
- 3rd egg laid - 25th March 2018 - 3.45 am
- 4th egg laid - 27th March 2018 - 7.51 pm
- First 2 eggs hatched - 29th April 2018
- Third egg hatched - 30th April 2018
- Chicks successfully ringed - 20th May 2018
- Chicks name & ring letters revealed - 4th June 2018
PDC* - Female - Valkyrie
PCC* - Male - Falkor
PFC* - Male - Lucifer
- Chicks fledged - 10th June 2018
- 1st egg laid - 18th March 2017
- 2nd egg laid - 20th March 2017 - 12.54 pm
- 3rd egg laid - 23rd March 2017 - 08.30 am
- 4th egg laid - 26th March 2017 - 10.32 am
Live feed of Peregrine Falcon nest in central Leamington
In partnership with the Warwick District Council, we have built & placed a nest box at Leamington Town Hall. The two live webcam feeds below will cover all the action over the next few months. Please note that at times this may include disturbing images of prey animals being brought to the nest.
We would like to thank 'Lockwoods' of Leamington Spa for sponsoring the webcam for 2019.
Please support Peregrine Watch by donating £3 - Text: WKWT001 to 70331, or to donate any other amount visit : http://easydonate.org/WKWT001
All funds raised are used to support Peregrine Watch and will also be used to promote and protect peregrines in our region and cover the cost of our video feeds during the nesting period.
The peregrine is the world’s fastest animal, reaching unbelievable speeds of up to 200 mph in a dive!
You can also get views of them by coming along to Peregrine Watch in Leamington Spa on the following dates between 10.00 am & 3.00 pm:
- Sat, 20th April
- Sat, 11th May
- Mon,27th May
- Sun, 9th June
- Mon, 10th June
With the help of Focus Optics, who very generously lend us a couple of telescopes, we are able to provide visitors to our events the perfect view of these majestic raptors. To find out more about Peregrine Watch events, visit our events page.
We continue to expand the project by building nesting platforms and installing cameras in locations across our region. By adopting a peregine you can help us to achieve this, and receive your own peregrine story.