Rustle up a foraged lunch with fresh nettles (carefully) snipped and cooked with some other simple ingredients! Trust me - it's delicious!
Before your start, remember to only eat foraged foods if you are certain of what they are. Don't pick foods from next to busy roads and select plant material that is growing higher up. This recipe is best made between February and June before nettles become tough and stringy.
Equipment you will need:
- Washing up gloves
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- I onion, chopped
- 1 -2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre hot stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 75g nettles
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Dandelion or primrose petals, washed